[Vorbis] Q: merging ogg files

Vladislav Grinchenko vlad
Tue Jun 22 13:32:16 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new here.

I would like to write 2 simple utilities to maniputale
OGG files:

1) oggjoin --output-file=result.ogg file1.ogg file2.ogg ...

Merge file1, file2, ... into result.ogg file

2) oggpause --output-file=result.ogg --duration=0.5

Generate result.ogg with silence for 0.5 seconds

oggpause --output-file=result.ogg --input-file=source.ogg

Generate result.ogg with silence equal to the play time
of source.ogg

Can someone, please, point me out in the right direction.

Which library(-ies) should I use?
Are there any examples on how to process OGG file header/streams?
Perhaps there are utilities similar to what I need already
written somewhere out there. I'd love to cut-n-paste.

thanks,
--Vlad

P.S. This is for my little app (gwavmerger.sourceforge.net).
I would like to support ogg file format.
Vladislav Grinchenko    e-mail (w): vgrinche at integ.com
Software Engineer            (h): 3rdshift at comcast.net
Integral Systems, Inc.

Focus on quality, and productivity will follow.