[Vorbis] .ogg extension and Theora

Mathieu Germain cedelia m.germain
Tue Jun 22 04:31:03 PDT 2004

<40D77C10.1050109 at griffith.edu.au>

> I assume you are proposing that users download directshow filters for
> Vorbis and Theora for WMP (the only media player you get with Windows)?

i thought i would mention the player we made : Pluggle (
www.cedelia.com/showroom ), which has a few advantages, it's fully
compatible with ogg and is only 140ko to download. It comes as a plugin for
IE (the next version , 1.0.4 is compatible with linux and
netscape/mozilla/firefox). Since it is so small making a website with either
ogg or ogm (we take xvid divx 3ivx and sigma for video) with pluggle sorta
solves the problem of downloading filters to play the files (pluggle has all
it needs by itself). it takes a few seconds to install. Even mom and dad can
do it, it's just clicking a link.

i'm real sorry the actual version is only for IE on a windoze OS. if you
wanna link your ogg on your website to it just look at the html code it's
pretty easy to get. for anyone who'd like to use it and change the skin or
anything, you can contact me.

PS : this version is indeed "roots". next one comes with a nice "about"
button where ogg vorbis comes in as first with a nice big fish logo :)

Mathieu