[Vorbis] lyrics/transcripts (was brainfart #67453 - hyper-index)

Arc Riley arc
Mon Jul 26 18:58:07 PDT 2004

<20040727011644.49422.qmail at web20927.mail.yahoo.com>

We have a text-phrase codec called Writ in early implementation state
which can be used to supply this functionality and much, much more.

A short use of it's functions include song lyrics, speech transcripts,
text subtitles, chat (input provided through another system) along with
streaming radio/video, or childrens audio/video books..

Currently, there's reference code in the py-ogg2 package and KarlH has
added support for it in his Icecast branch for streaming support.  There
is no player support yet, tho I'm working on a GUI tool for adding Writ
to an existing Ogg stream right now.