[Vorbis] wiki down?

Kyungjoon Lee kjoonlee
Tue Jul 6 17:50:43 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:46:30 +0200, Hugo van der Merwe
<hugo at dsp.sun.ac.za> wrote:
> http://wiki.xiph.org/ returns the apache test page. I suppose it will be
> sorted out soon enough, but I can't check back tomorrow.

The wiki was the only place where the monthly-meeting agendas were publicly
available, so I hope it returns soon.

> I was curious, I'm looking for (waiting for, more likely) a hardware Ogg
> player that can play Oggs off a Compact Flash card. (I've decided this
> is the key feature that I would like to see, then I can listen to music
> at the beginning of a trip, and as I take more photos, my music
> collection will have to shrink ;)

If you could hook up a compact flash reader with a USB host player, then
what you imagine could be possible.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/show.php/showtopic/13320

Sadly, Nextway hasn't started selling such players. Mobiblu has, but their
host player doesn't support Vorbis playback.

http://www.mobiblu.com/product/detail.asp?regcode=174