[Vorbis] Use of ogg vorbis for real time audio streaming?

d00ma3 at tomsmusicpage.org.uk d00ma3
Tue Jul 6 02:28:42 PDT 2004

<014c01c462aa$8a651820$021a0852 at Andrew>

Thanks for the replies and the links!

It seems like perhaps ogg vorbis will be usable for what I want. There is the
alternative possibility of investigating how well a speech codec like Speex
encodes music and working on extending the bandwith. Either way, it is critical
to remove as much of the latency as possible. I guess it's getting near time to
dive into some code!

@ Andrew -- my website is (a little) out of date right now; I graduated
recently, and this research is being done as part of my new job :)

Thanks again for the information.

Tom