[vorbis] Bitrate stripping?

Arc Riley arc at xiph.org
Sat Jan 3 00:38:58 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 09:02:43AM +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> But please note that that 1-apr peeler is fully functional -- and will
> even
> work reasonably well if you replace the "decision" function with
> something
> that does not always return "make this packet zero bytes".

Could you drop a wiki page at wiki.xiph.org for bitrate peeling, with
links to your code and what work needs to be done to make it work
better?  Others could drop in their knowledge and experience, and we'll
have a central repository for this.

Information on Wiki pages are alot easier to search and navigate than
mailing list archives, plus they seem to rate higher on google searches
than mailing list archives; prehaps google recognises wiki's as
"authoritative resources", or prehaps it's just from cross linking...

You can create a page simply by adding the name of it to an existing
page, such as http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisTodo (hit edit at the bottom
and add the link somewhere in the document, wiki links are one word with
two capital letters such as VorbisPeeling or VorbisStripping).  Once the
file is saved, click on the question mark next to the word you just
entered, it'll allow you to add the new page to the wiki.

Oh, and you can also use standard HTML anywhere in a wiki document along
with it's own formatting, for adding links and such.