[vorbis] Bitrate stripping?

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Fri Jan 2 15:45:28 PST 2004

Paul Wagland (vorbis at kungfoocoder.org) wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 15:39, Andrew Snare wrote:
> > Peeling is still applicable even for the hard-disk players though.
>
> Another reason that peeling is still applicable to hard disk players is
> battery life.

Another reason that peeling is applicable is to reduce the chirping
from the Neuros.

(P.S. -- Neuros firmware 1.45 chirps a *lot* more than the pre-beta
one did.  I've even heard 1.45 chirp on one of my Led Zeppelin Oggs,
and those are all RC3 at -q 3.5.  20030818 never did that.)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |