[vorbis] Ogg artifacts

Carsten Haese carsten at xiph.org
Thu Jan 22 14:13:42 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:57, Jon Pomrenke wrote:
> I'm having some difficulty getting into Ogg. Being my first time encoding to
> Ogg, I am left doubtful of the quality in reproduction. Hopefully, it is
> merely something that I am doing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your description below, you're comparing the
CD ripping mechanisms of tkcOggRipper and EAC, not the codecs MP3 and
Ogg Vorbis. To compare the codecs, you should take the uncompressed WAV
from EAC, encode that with MP3 and Ogg Vorbis respectively, and compare
the results.

Hope this helps,

Carsten.