[vorbis] How to split an Ogg Vorbis stream?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 7 21:10:32 PST 2004

The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:
> For that purpose, there's no need at all for any program like oggsplit - the
> vorbis libraries (particularly libvorbisfile) support this natively and
> completely.

Hmm.  I only wish that things like xmms and mplayer for Linux and winamp for
Windows would support it natively and completely as well. <smile>  I guess I will
have to look into patching some frontends to libvorbisfile or something.
Actually, as I learn more about different programming languages and such, I may
just implement my own player that will take advantage of this nice feature.
I don't, however, know how well it will run under Windows, as I know more about
programming for Linux than Windows.

PRINCE