[vorbis] How to split an Ogg Vorbis stream?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 7 20:25:50 PST 2004

The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:
> Visit http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/ogg.html and download oggsplit.

Will oggsplit run on Linux?  The web site isn't telling me one way or the other.
I would like to maybe eventually base a player on its source code if it's
possible, so that we could rip CD tracks, cat them in order and play them as
individual tracks based on track numbers or something, just like a CD but in a
single file eliminating the need for an m3u playlist to keep the tracks in order.

Thanks,
PRINCE