[vorbis] How to split an Ogg Vorbis stream?

John Villalovos software at sodarock.com
Wed Jan 7 12:15:35 PST 2004

I looked through the archives and I didn't really seem to find the answer
to what my question.

I used wget to get an audio stream from a site and now I would like to be
able to split up the stream into the individual songs.  The site is nice
enough to encode the artist and track name in each new song.  This info is
displayed in Winamp when the song plays.  Doing an xxd dump of the file I
can see track names and ogginfo displays info about multiple streams.

So my questions is how do I split up the stream into separate Ogg files?

I looked into vcut but I didn't see how to take the info I got from
ogginfo and use it into vcut.  When I just tried random cutpoint values I
kept getting a "segmentation fault" :(

Thanks for any info,
John