[vorbis] Proposal for Bitrate peeling.

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Thu Jan 1 17:16:11 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 01:44:50AM +0100, Paul Wagland wrote:

> 2. Find some way to affect the priority of this option. I seem to
> recall somewhere that Jack Moffitt said that priorities could be
> influenced by money. Sadly I don't have the kind of money that I think
> causes "influence" :-) But, I figure that a number of us together
> might.

I'd prefer to see that same energy/money go for OggFile, which is really
a huge milestone for everything else.

Also, note, that Monty has been throwing around the idea of a Vorbis II,
which would be done sometime after OggFile and I believe I read that one
of the things he wanted to improve on is adding bitrate peeling.