[vorbis] WMA9 versus OGG

noprivacy at earthlink.net noprivacy at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 21:09:50 PST 2004

You might want to go over to HydrogenAudio.org and look around for some
discussions about a couple of alternative tuned versions of Vorbis.  (I'd
give you the links, but I don't have them.  I haven't been concerned about
low bit rates.  I just see the message threads occasionally.)

Everybody knows of Garf's higher tunings, but in the past few months, there
have actually been some other people trying to tune Vorbis for the lower
ranges too.

WMA 9 has improved, and WMA 9 PRO is supposedly much better. (They gave up
compatability with regular WMA.)  But considering how many people are
anti-microsoft, you might want to be careful saying anything good about
their products...[grin]