[vorbis] Ov_open crash in windows

programmer_ted ted at fusionapple.com
Fri Feb 20 10:30:43 PST 2004

Well, I was having problems with ov_open when I was getting started with
Vorbis and ended up recompiling the libraries.  I had to change the STIN
macro to static because Borland C++ doesn't seem to like static inlines,
but aside from that I didn't change anything (that I recall).  I think
Borland C++ is just more compatible with its own libraries :D

Plus I didn't have to worry about any underscore issues after that (BC++
adding underscores to function names).

I think Shaun's problem was to do with using the singlethreaded runtime,
though (at least, he's using the multithreaded one successfully now).  The
libogg, libvorbis, and libvorbisfile libraries SHOULD work out of the box
with MSVC++, but it appears us Borland users are stuck with recompiling the
libraries to make it work.  Also, I think the Borland C++ Builder 4
libraries don't work with Borland C++ Builder 3 (and since my BCB3
libraries worked with BC++ 5.5, the BCB4 libraries probably don't work with
BC++ 5.5 either).  So in conclusion, if they were to provide the Borland
libraries, they'd need to provide a few different versions.