[vorbis] Vorbisfile Problem...

Ryan Ashley Lord_Dakron at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:15:49 PST 2004

   OK, I have a minor problem with the 'vorbisfile' libraries.  I copied both the normal and dynamic DLLs to my program directory, and they load fine.  Thing is, if I link with 'vorbisfile.lib' and use 'ov_open', the application just locks up.  If I link with 'vorbisfile_d.lib' and use the function, Windows brings up a standard crash window, and I can just use that to close it.  Why's this happening?  I get no errors or warnings upon compile.
   Now before some of you recomend I download the source and compile it, then use those libraries, how hard would that be?  I mean I can grasp compiling to library or DLL, but how many changes would I need to make to the sources, if any?  If it's a simple matter of downloading the source and running bcc32, then it'll be cake.  However, I don't think that will fix my problem.  The libraries work just fine right now, as far as errors or warnings are concerned.  So, is it really necesarry to do all that JUST to test compiling?
   Other than that, the application is ready to go.  It is a freeware audio player that currently supports ogg and wav formats.  It is 100% portable to Unix/Linux and Mac because it uses OpenAL for playback.  About the only thing not portable is the skinning method, since I have to code it to skin M$ Windows.  Anyway, once I can decode the ogg samples to my buffer to send to OpenAL, I'll be releasing this on my old GeoCities website.  Thanks for the help!

   -Seph