[vorbis] Problem using 'ov_open()'...

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Feb 11 18:31:51 PST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 12:17, Ryan Ashley wrote:
>    I don't use or touch Visual anything. I am a real programmer and don't
> need something generating code for me. Not trying to sound harsh here, but
> I grew up on Wordpad, and just recently purchased Visual SlickEdit which is
> a syntax highlighter with auto-indent options and such. On top of that, I
> use Borland C++ command-line compiler in Windows (gcc in Linux, of
> course!). I link with 'vorbisfile.lib' to compile this class. Everything

I suspect this is more or less the same problem, then - linking screwups. You
could try compiling libvorbis (and libvorbisfile, etc.) with your compiler
(it should be easy). If you can suggest a fix that will make the supplied
libraries link properly (and work) with your compiler, also, then that would
be helpful.