[Vorbis] Patch for ogg123+curl and https:// URLs

Barry Bouwsma bugs at remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk
Tue Dec 28 07:55:40 PST 2004

Yo, d00dZ!!

I've patched ogg123 to handle a playback case (streaming download)
when I was connected to my server with SSL (an https:// URL), when
the server cert is not able to be verified.

I don't know if only the latest curl library does this, or if this
hack is applicable to older curl code, so I haven't tried to wrap
this in any way.  What the patches do is to enable an ``--insecure''
option (I did not bother with a short option, as I don't know if it
is useful enough to warrant one), which does the same as invoking
`curl --insecure', which is to download the requested URL whether
or not the server can be verified.  Such as if the server cert name
does not match the server name -- relatively common.

I don't know how applicable this is, if at all, to others, but if
anyone cares, the four patches with names ending in `curl-insecure-patch'
can be found at
https://NOSPAM.dyndns.dk/hacks/ogg123/
and are described in the README at the above.  Need review and cleaning.

Help yourself.  As usual, no guarantees, &c.

barry bouwsma