[Vorbis] vorbisfile crash on file open/init

Phantom rob at phantom-web.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 15:28:55 PST 2004

Greetings all,

I've just started playing with Vorbis to track down a problem in someone
code, however I've hit apon my own problem which is stopping me.

The application in question is using 2 threads, one to setup the application
and one to read an ogg file and constantly refile an OpenAL buffer.
The code compiles and links fine, however when I run it I get dumpped out
with the following message :

Unhandled exception at 0x77f69ecd in MultithreadOpenAL.exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation writing location 0x00000010.

The stacktrace points to the end of the function "void __cdecl _lock_file
(void *pf)" . This accures during the inital setup off the app.

The file definately exists, i downloaded an example ogg file from the Vorbis
website as I was having trouble before and wondered if it was infact the ogg
file causing me issues.

The lib/dll combo I'm using was built by myself using the win32 build system
in with the 1.1.2 libogg tar.gz and 1.1.0 libvorbis tar.gz

Initally I didnt touch anything, however after this crash I changed the
runtime to Multithread debug dll for libogg, libvorbis and my own program
and rebuilt/linked all the libs, however this didnt help.

So, I'm hoping someone can give me a direction to head in to fix this
problem, as it kinda scuppers the chances of me doing anything else right
now :(

I'm using VS.Net2003 for my build enviroment, let me know if you need any
other details.

Cheers,
Rob