[Vorbis] Vorbis Hardware

Hugo van der Merwe hugo at dsp.sun.ac.za
Wed Dec 8 05:23:27 PST 2004

Greg Wooledge wrote:

>http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisHardware

A small clause in my original email indicates that I had read the wiki.
Anyway, thanks for urging me to take another look. There are still no
CompactFlash or SD based players (at least not according to the
descriptions in the wiki), so there still isn't exactly what I was
looking for. Nevertheless, I've now considered going for the "Allegro
Host MP3 player" from Pretec...

Combined with their "iDisk Tiny", it does seem relatively portable, and
when I don't need ultra-portability, I will be able to connect my
CompactFlash and/or SD cards via a USB "6-in-1" type of device. It
becomes a little irritating having two pieces of hardware with a cable
between them, but at least I'll be able to play Vorbis! (According to
their marketing, anyway.)

If I do go for this option, I should be able to post some "experiences"
with it in the last part of January.

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe