[Vorbis] Lost stonehenge.ogg

vorbis at papaya.altamente.com vorbis at papaya.altamente.com
Sat Dec 4 11:57:39 PST 2004

Thanks for the offer.  I heard back from Patrick and he gave me access
again to download it.

He wrote:

  Since the time I put Stonehenge on the web,
  I've been thinking about a new license, because
  I was not very satisfied with the Free Art License.
  This legal work was just finished last month,
  this is an ambitious project called IANG
  (for IANG Ain't No GNU), you can learn more
  about it at www.iang.info (only in French for now).
  I hope to produce Stonehenge CD and some other
  works under the IANG license very soon.

  Also, you may like to know that Olivier, who played
  keyboards in Stonehenge, is now working on pop-rock
  songs. You can listen to some of his tracks at
  www.kwai.fr

  Patrick

Have you at least listened to the track now?  It's excellent progressive
rock (ala Yes).  I like that stuff and IMO, this track is top notch.  It
ranges all over, keyboards, guitar, violin (I think), vocal, drums, with
this entire world feeling as it "progresses" to climax.

So just so to steer this back onto vorbis.  He (Patrick) was one of the
first to adopt it (ogg/vorbis) as a distribution format and has been
influential in shaping free/libre music licenses as he says above.

I'll ask him if I can repost the username/password to the list.

--James