[vorbis] xiph.org irc channels moving

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon Sep 29 06:28:34 PDT 2003

> And yet you operate your own website, your own email
> system. irc is not considered a high enough priority
> and that is my beef. By palming the service off to
> other people you are leaving it to the mercy of
> outsiders. Sensible people do not do that for
> essential services.

1) Very few people on this planet consider IRC an essential service.
I'm pretty sure that most people at Xiph feel the same way.

2) Other services are not being attacked randomly.  IRC is a target.

In any case, if you don't like the new IRC server, you're more than
welcome to communicate with us in the traditional ways instead.

Please, let's get on with more interesting topics on the list now.

jack.