[vorbis] Re: Portable recording with a laptop

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at riga.lv
Tue Sep 16 21:42:41 PDT 2003

On óÒÅÄÁ 17 óÅÎÔÑÂÒØ 2003 00:12, Paul Martin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 12:29:04PM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> > Right now I'm using Audacity (http://audacity.sf.net). I like its

> > versions, RPMs, compiled from CVS, etc.) So I'd really like a
> > better tool. Is there any better sound editor out there (for
> > Linux)?
>
> I use Cinelerra ("son of Broadcast"). It's described as a video
> editor, but you don't *have* to do video with it.
>
> http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
>
> There's even RPMs available (compiling it from source requires much
> fiddling and tearing out of hair).

I'm using Cinelerra too, but as of the latest version 1.1.7, Cinelerra
is terribly unstable. On the other hand, latest Audacity is very worth
trying IMHO. I'm considering switching from Cinelerra to Audacity for
audio recordings.

A bit O/T: this is done with Cinelerra:
http://www.solutions.lv/~dan/Metal_Foreva.ogg

--