[vorbis] Re: Portable recording with a laptop

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 14:12:51 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 12:29:04PM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:

> Right now I'm using Audacity (http://audacity.sf.net). I like its
> versions, RPMs, compiled from CVS, etc.) So I'd really like a better
> tool. Is there any better sound editor out there (for Linux)?

I use Cinelerra ("son of Broadcast"). It's described as a video editor,
but you don't *have* to do video with it.

http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

There's even RPMs available (compiling it from source requires much
fiddling and tearing out of hair).

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)