[vorbis] libogg and libvorbis on MinGW

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Sep 15 19:06:35 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 01:27, Alexander Markley wrote:
> UPDATE: I successfully built libogg and libvorbis on MinGW, and can link
> to them in my win32 projects.
>
> To build libvorbis, I had to ./configure with
> --with-ogg-includes=/usr/local/include
> --with-ogg-libraries=/usr/local/lib --ogg-prefix=/usr/local
> --disable-ogg-test (Or something along those lines.)
>
> The only other problem I'm having at the moment is that this process is
> not building DLLs, and it does not apparently wish to link with DLLs at
> runtime.

You'll probably find that you'll have to write your own Makefiles (or spend a
lot of time messing around with autotools) to get things like that working.
That's not actually hard (it's only difficult if you want to have it work on
every single platform ever invented).

We have limited resources, so we only 'officially' support MSVC on windows
(since that's what 99% of developers there use), though we also have support
for borland's compiler, cygwin, and at least partial support for mingw. So
though the code is ok, the build system won't deal with this stuff
automatically for you.