[vorbis] libogg and libvorbis on MinGW

Alexander Markley alex at milent.com
Mon Sep 15 06:49:53 PDT 2003

I am using libogg, libvorbis, and libvorbisfile in my most recent
project. One of the build environments that my project must build on is
MinGW. http://www.mingw.org/

Unfortunately, it seems that there are a few (possibly) minor problems
with the libogg and libvorbis build processes which prevent me from
building them under MinGW.

One is that both of them reference header _G_config.h which does not
exist on MinGW. (It only uses it for the typedefs of _ogg_intsize_t types.)

Also, apparently, the libvorbis build process requires a script called
"ogg-config" which libogg does not generate. I cannot find an example of
this script anywhere, even on (linux) machines which have libogg
properly installed. I have not succeeded in building libvorbis any
furthur because it cannot find libogg. (Which I successfully built after
hacking/creating _G_config.h.)

If this is something stupid that I am doing, sorry.

TIA
--Alex