[vorbis] Why is Vorbis development slow?

Sebastian Gesemann sgeseman at upb.de
Tue Sep 30 11:56:33 PDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Alex Iribarren wrote:

> Hello Sebastian,
> First of all, I'm just a humble lurker of this mailing list, but I can
> imagine that, like you, other people have tried to create an encoder
> from the specs. I bet they've run into pretty much the same problems
> as you. You say the specs aren't perfect and have some gaps in them,
> why don't you help out by submitting at least some of the missing
> parts? I'm sure everyone will appreciate your effort and little by
> little the documentation will get better.

I planned to do so, but i'm not very good with these things...
(writing english documentation - i'm not a native speaker)

But, since i finally got my code working, i've always looked out
for technical vorbis questions in these mailing lists to help
others who are stuck somewhere in the spec...

Sebastian