[vorbis] Why is Vorbis development slow?

SwiftBiscuit swiftbiscuit at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 09:24:43 PDT 2003

Dropping the other topic as requested, I'd like to
follow something up in a new thread. I want to throw a
question or two out there and see what responses
people give (if any ;-).

Assuming that you think Vorbis could have developed
faster than it has done in the past year, what in your
opinion has been holding it back and what remedies do
you suggest?

Speaking for myself, I think that it has not attracted
enough enthusiastic people who come with the knowledge
required to understand how to tune Vorbis.
Remedy: Lower the difficulty level for tuning Vorbis.
Suggestion: Create a How-To Tune Vorbis document that
takes people step-by-step through the tuning process.

Dealing with a flood of people who claim to have made
tuning improvements would be a nice problem to have.
:-)

~Mark