[vorbis] xiph.org irc channels moving

SwiftBiscuit swiftbiscuit at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 07:31:10 PDT 2003

I think this is a very very poor move.

Xiph is hardly approachable now. I accept that the
guys are most probably very busy but it's been a year
since something actually came out into the public eye.
They really should be out there banging a drum and
keeping developers interested.

I was very disappointed that Jack and Monty’s thoughts
were all relayed second-hand to HA's recent patent
thread. That combined with the dropping of a proper
irc channel makes me think that Xiph is going in the
wrong direction when it comes to attracting
developers. They really can't afford that when the
only significant Vorbis development has been done by
one single outside enthusiast.

> Everybody,
>
> We're shutting down irc.xiph.org, which has
> hosted our official development and support
> IRC channels for the past couple of years.

Do you Yahoo!?
http://shopping.yahoo.com