[vorbis] Re: Replaygain backend and ogg123 patch

Stefan Bender oraqhf at gmx.net
Mon Oct 13 14:42:51 PDT 2003

Hello,

John Morton wrote on 2003-10-10 12:50:25:
> On Friday 10 October 2003 07:30, you wrote:
> >  You dont happen to know something about the vorbis-titlestring patch?
> >  If was posted to the list way back, but it didn't make it into xmms 1.2.8

I am the one, who originally wrote it, it was (and is) designed to
patch against a cvs checkout. Occasionally, I try a cvs update and
if I have to resolve conflicts, I put a new verion online. Telling
the xmms people about it didn't lead to much response from them, so I
suppose, they weren't that interested.

> You can get the 1.2.7 version from here:

(which should also be fine for 1.2.8)

> http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~p6best/english/comp/comp.html

Note that in the not-so-far future this will change, if I finished
the website transition.

> I rewrote it to break down into nice, sensible subroutines, use dynamically
> allocated strings and include support for subscripts, amongst other things,
> as well as converting the config dialog for the xmms plugin to a glade
> project, and I'm in the process of reworking the fileinfo dialog to be more
> vorbiscomment friendly. But those xmms people sneakily put out a new release
> after over a year, so I'll have to forward port it all before puting it up
> somewhere.

Great to hear, I came never around to do this myself. Let me know, if you
have it done. (Or put the 1.2.7 version somewhere if you can.)

/Stefan.