[vorbis] Replaygain backend and ogg123 patch

John Morton jwm at eslnz.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 05:25:39 PDT 2003

My replaygain player side backend code is up at savannah:

 https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vgplay/

Pull it from CVS for the time being, as the file area isn't up and working
just yet.

It applies album and track gain values as scale factors to float pcm and
includes an arbitary value preamp, a couple of limiting strategies. There's
also helper function to pull the replaygain values from the vorbiscomment
blocks, as calculated by vorbisgain. It also includes some more exotic
features, such as the ability to change gain types and the preamp value on
the fly, and the ability to make smooth transitions between these new user
settings (ok, I got a bit carried away, there, but you get fade functions for
free).

A demonstration patch against vorbis-tools-1.0 is in CVS as well; it provides
full replaygain support for ogg123, and the bits of the patch that aren't
vgplay.c, vgplay.h and the README, are mainly concerned with adding
the command line opitions.

Sometime, in the near future, I'll add a patch to xmms that uses vgplay and
shows off the preamp and transition features more fully, amongst other things.

John