[vorbis] Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:12:25 +1300

DJ Trakman djtrakman at xtra.co.nz
Mon Nov 10 14:12:21 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm having issues with Ogg Vorbis that I need help with...
I'm a PC user (P4 1.3GHz) and I'm encoding 60-70 minute wav files using
either: Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6.0 or Ogg Drop V1.6.11c into .ogg format.
I use 160 kBit/s nominal VBR and the files work out to be about 60/70MB in
size.

If I listen to the ogg files from start to finish it's fine...but if I try
and skip around using the Winamp (v 2.91) slider, the slider position and
the audio position get out of sync.

it's either a problem with winamp or maybe ogg does not use enough "key
frames" making it hard to "snap to" exact spots in the sound file (if that
is how it works...)

is this a bug in winamp or the codec?
or am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance,