[vorbis] Rio Karma mini review

Michiel Toneman Michiel.Toneman at bibit.com
Mon Nov 10 05:48:27 PST 2003

Hi Ross,

As an alternative you might consider the iRiver iHP-120. I'm listening
to Ogg Vorbis files on it right now.

It acts as a standard USB 2.0 harddisk, which makes it VERY useful. As
it doesn't require any special software, this means it works great (and
will continue to do so) under any OS that supports USB mass storage. It
can use a database if you want, for which there is a little GPL piece of
software to generate it.

It is an amazing little player with a great feature-set and fine sound
quality. If you need any more info, just let me know.

Ah, hardware support for Ogg Vorbis is now finally a reality :-D

Cheers,

Michiel

--
Michiel Toneman <michiel at kopz.org>