[vorbis] sgreaming in ogg format?

Mark Hills mark at pogo.org.uk
Thu May 15 14:00:24 PDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, hank wrote:

> 2. besides icecast 2.0 is there any other servers I can run that will
> allow me to set up a vorbis broadcast?  if not then is there a easier
> way to configure icecast 2?

Check out <http://ffmpeg.org/>. It streams vorbis happily alongside other
formats. However...

I'm not sure about availability of the software under Windows, which you
ask for. As far as I know people do have it running on Windows -- there's
maybe some info at the website. We're using the software (under Linux) at
<http://urn1350.net/> to offer live Vorbis, MP3 and Real streams.

Hope the info is useful.

Mark

--