[vorbis] Matroska as an alternative to Ogg (container)

Peter Schüller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sun May 4 18:18:32 PDT 2003

http://www.matroska.org/

I just found out about this and I think it looks like a great idea. I figured
some on this list would be interested.

Also, speaking now without having reviewed matroska in detail, nor being
involved in Ogg/Vorbis:

Perhaps it would be a viable alternative for the Ogg format for Theora if
nothing else. I read about the .ogg format a while back, and while I have no
complaints, it's considerably more limited in scope. Matroska support from the
Ogg/Vorbis camp would probably help the project on its way too.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it is my understanding that while 5.1 sound is
theoretically supported, actual practical support is non-existent because
there is no agreed-upon way to identify the channels. I'm guessing this is
addressed by matroska.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org