[vorbis] Libvorbis documentation.

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Mar 28 21:46:04 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 09:36:26PM +0100, Sune Foldager wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On the official documentation page,
> http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/docs.html, there are links to the
> documents describing the released libraries, ie. libvorbis, vorbisfile
> and vorbisenc. However, the first one is not a link at all, although I
> seem to remember that it was so earlier.
>
> I also downloaded the SDK for Mac OSX, which sorta contains a
> documentation for libvorbis, but several critical details are missing,
> and it seems like half or less than the full document. Does anyone know
> anything about this, and is the documentation available somewhere?
> ..or has is maybe been withdrawn to allow for some API changes in the
> future?

It wasn't withdrawn, exactly; it was begun at a time when the library
didn't yet even exist.  As the library was being written, the API doc
for libvorbis became out of date before it was even 10% complete.

As of right now, the docs for libvorbis are incomplete (as are the
docs for libogg) as both are in the middle of a generational change;
the older lib versions would likely be unsupported before the
documentation for them was complete.

Docs for Vorbisfile are finished as we intend to support the current
Vorbisfile API exactly as stands indefinitely.

Monty