[vorbis] Vorbis streams on Windows Media Player || ogg on Real

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 25 00:08:51 PST 2003

this url could shed more light on Real's viewpoint:

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-946520.html

though, installing plugins for most "average" users is still far too
difficult. with *polite* pressure, this should change within time.

>From the stats in the WBAI mp3 stream (using shoutcast) which I help, I
can confirm that Real Player is the most used client on that stream.
Though, I thought it was because there is only a Real Audio link on the
WBAI webpage.

b.

for stats on my ogg stream, please have a look at:

http://unix.rulez.org/~boink/report.html

you will see that xmms is the most used-client, followed by Winamp.

(the stats page uses analog, which in my opinion works better for the
icecast log files than for apache for which it is designed)