[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Thu Mar 13 10:36:47 PST 2003

gtgbr at gmx.net wrote:

 > The ideal concensus is Xiph's current
> standard. It's bigger than before - it really covers everything that
> Vorbis tags were designed for (satisfying a vast majority of possible
> uses), and it's slim enough for most people to actually remember what it
> contains.

IMO, there is still one serious deficiency with the current Xiph
standard, especially w.r.t. classical music.  In my tagging efforts, a
PART tag is almost necessary.

Note: I dislike the parsability requirements for the PART tag spelled
out at reactor-core.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway