[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Mar 4 21:38:11 PST 2003

On 4 Mar 2003 at 19:56, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> 1) It's not a dependency but a feature.

If the track information is contained nowhere but in a database, then
that is a dependency.

> 2) It's easy to make this portable.

No, it is not easy to create a database that is portable to every
device and achitecture I might ever conceivably use.  Nor is it easy to
maintain multiple databases for each repository I have.  Not is it easy
to create a single repository that I may use anywhere.  Most people
(non-developers) wouldn't even have the means to try.  On the other
hand, Vorbis comments do the job very well. :)

Use a database if you like.  However, you can't expect that everyone
will share the same opinion on the matter. <g>

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org