[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

Hauke Hachmann hawq at netgen.de
Wed Mar 12 16:09:16 PST 2003

So, now after that lengthy discussion we all know the purpose of vorbis tags:
free-form, per-track, textual information that is not to be parsed.

Now let's go back to the initial question: Let's find out if there is a need
to increase the number of standard tags from 28 to, say, 30. That's all.

And, just to start that process, I'd like to mention two possible candidates
for such new fields. They are both strictly free-from, per-track and textual:

GUESTARTIST
The one that started all that discussion about general meta-blah. Not my
favorite, but just to be mentioned here. Let's find out if there's really a
public interest in such a field. As for me personally, I don't need it.

ENCODED-BY
This field should be filled with the name of the person or company or whoever
encoded that file. I would really like to have such a field, as I experience
to see this information very often stored in the COMMENT field so far. I
think there are so many people and companies out there who want to leave
their name in a file, that it is worth thinking about declaring such a
standard field.

Now, please comment on those fields and add more, so that we all see which
fields are really wanted. But please stay strictly within the scope of vorbis
tags for that.

Greetz,
Hauke Hachmann