[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Mar 5 21:38:02 PST 2003

On 6 Mar 2003 at 6:08, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> I don't "feel" it is necessary, it just is.

Could I get a little more detail, please?  Why is it necessary?

> I'm saying "no, you will have lost the previous functionality".  So not
> something for nothing.

Huh?!  What functionality has been lost?

> Both.  Because that's what it is defined to be used for; if you
> use it for something else, you can't use it for its intended
> use anymore, and that's a bad thing.

Here is basically what I propose: take v-comment and remove the
Overview.  For your purposes, nothing substantive has changed.  If you
choose to use it as quick notes, continue to do so as you please.

The benifits:
1) The metadata problem has - for some people, anyway - been solved.
2) More importantly, no more flames about misusing the tags. :D

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org