[vorbis] backing up comments

John Denton dentons at clara.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 16:05:53 PST 2003

This thread confuses me. You are in Windows (you mention 98). If you are
encoding using a batch file then all you have to do is save the batch file
for the next time you want to encode your wavs.

If you are using a GUI program then surely it provides the option to save
your tag data - doesn't it? If it doesn't, how on earth do you manage? I
take in a dir of wavs, enter the tag data I require, apply replaygain and
encode to oggs. At any time in that process I might be called away and have
to shut my machine down. If I couldn't save the tag data I'd have to enter
it all again (for tracks that didn't get encoded anyway).

I would have thought this a requirement of a Windows encoder..