[vorbis] backing up comments

Kasper Souren Kasper.Souren at ircam.fr
Sat Mar 1 04:34:54 PST 2003

> K>Yesterday I found an ID3 thing, which supposedly supports both MP3 and
> K>Ogg Vorbis tags: http://id3-py.sf.net/.

> quote from site "This module allows one to read and manipulate so-called
> ID3 informational tags on MP3 files through an object-oriented Python
> interface"
>     only mention of Vorbis is "dictionary style" thing "compatible with
> ogg.vorbis module". I presume this is only for Vorbis, and i don't have the
> time to try it out myself.

Huh, I don't see the problem.

At least it works very nice for mp3's. The problem is that I still have so
many mp3's and not many oggs. (Damn emusic.com... no oggs.)

I tried it with some home-ripped CD's, but I spose that both K3B and grip
didn't add nice Vorbis tags to the files... Is this true?

> K>What would be even cooler is if it were possible to do auto post-tagging.
> K>Using cddb-py (http://cddb-py.sf.net/) it might be quite possible...

> how? to quote the site: "This is actually a set of three modules to access
> the CDDB online database of audio CD track titles and information"

Well, if you know that a bunch of Ogg files is supposed to be one album, you
have the track times and number of tracks. If the time is preserved decently
enough it'll work, since that's all the info that's used to fetch cddb (or
FreeDB) information.

bye,
Kasper