[vorbis] Using oggenc

Brandon High armitage at freaks.com
Wed Jun 25 10:18:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:01:11PM -0400, Bruce Park wrote:
> 1. How can I setup oggenc so that I can DIRECTLY rip tracks off my audio cd?

You can use something like Exact Audio Copy or cdparanoia and configure
an external compressor.

I usually rip to WAV, then compress to mp3/ogg, and archive the WAV as a
FLAC file. I run it as a batch, so that I can rip a few cds, start eh
compression, and walk away.

> directly use. Do I HAVE to convert them to wav files then convert them to
> ogg files?

I think that some programs will still rip to WAV, then compress that
file. Others may just pipe the source data through the compressor. I
don't use it this way, so I don't know.

-B

Brandon High                                     armitage at freaks.com
'98 Kawi ZX-7R "Wasabi", '98 Kawi EX500 "Harlot", '02 BMW R1150RS "Troll"
The only thing wrong with a perfect drive to work is that you end up at
work.