[vorbis] Re: .ogg file extension for both audio and video?

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sun Jun 22 05:54:48 PDT 2003

Headless wrote:
> This could present problems regarding mapping the .ogg file extension
> to an application if for example I want audio to be handled by Winamp2
> and video by something else.
> Headless

Ludovic 'Blacksun' Vialle, the main developer of the The Core Media
Player, was once coding an application called 'Ogg Prak' as an ordered
work from Emmett Plant. The proggie was coded in Delphi, only for
Windows, and would allow the user to assign different applications
depending on whether its an audio only or a video file.

The code should be in Xiph CVS, according to Emmett.

Regards

Christian