[vorbis] Re: Quoting (OT)

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Tue Jun 3 18:34:51 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, jun 3, 2003, at 07:03, programmer_ted wrote:

> I agree completely.  The way someone replies to emails is the way
> someone
> replies to emails.  It's user preference.  Let's leave it at that, and
> end
> this thread.  It's getting annoying to receive over ten new messages
> each
> time I check my mail only to realize they were replies to a useless
> post.

Surely you can tell by the subject that it's this thread and then skip
it if it's such a big problem? I don't think everything can be reduced
to a user preference; this is, as someone also pointed out, a public
list and when you post on it it's not for yourself but for others to
read. Some standards should definately be kept, and some rules be
obeyed.

I am not saying that I can't read and decipher a top-quoted message,
but I find it rather useless to quote like that, since the subject
tells you the topic anyway, and with top-quoted replies you have no
real way of knowing what part of the message you are replying to. But
that said, as long as there isn't a rule on it, top-post all you want,
and feel free to ignore this thread also :-).

--
Sune.