[vorbis] oggenc core dumps on solaris 8

Andy Barclay abarclay at unixpeople.com
Tue Jul 29 12:23:06 PDT 2003

I built the ogg, vorbis and vorbis-tools modules from CVS and I no
longer get any core dumps... Thanks for the tip.

There was one problem with the cvs builds.... I was
getting an error about __floatdidf symbol referencing
errors, but I found the solution in the FAQ here:
http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-faq/200203/0042.html

Thanks again.

> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 09:23, Andy Barclay wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I have compiled and installed:
>>libogg-1.0
>>libvorbis-1.0
>>vorbis-tools-1.0
>>
>>On solaris 8. I've noticed that oggenc tends to core dump about 20% of
>>the time, but it completes fine the remaining time.
>

> libvorbis 1.0 is badly broken on solaris. Use cvs instead.
>
> Mike

Regards,
Andy W. Barclay.        abarclay at unixpeople.com
fax  (781) 823-8276
Always a UNIX Evangelist (and sometimes a system and network architect)

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing
theirs, maybe you just don't understand the situation.