[vorbis] extract/encode a part of a ogg track

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Sat Jul 26 18:59:31 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 17:59, RKTMB M A wrote:
> Hi every body ,
> ( Please forgive my dumb poor english )
>
> I got many tracks in ogg/vorbis format .
> I would like to make a "preview" of them .
> I mean :
> I have a track : foo.ogg ( wich is 3:00 minutes long )
> i want to have : preview_foo.ogg ( wich is foo.ogg but from 1:00 -> 1:15 )
>
> I read man oggdec , man ogg123 , man oggenc but i did not see what suits me .

Look at vcut.  It splits an Ogg Vorbis file in two pieces, so you'll
have to split at 1 minute, and then split the second output file at 15
seconds.  Note that vcut takes the sample number of the split point, so
you'll have to calculate the sample number by taking the time where you
want to split and multiplying by the sample rate.  ogginfo will tell you
the sample rate if you don't know it.

---
Stan Seibert