[vorbis] Vorbis Compile Win32

John Edwards john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 19 02:00:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

From: "Csaba Horvath" <ch4r1ie at freemail.hu>

> I've downloaded the MiniGW v3.0.0 RC3. I had to modify the files you
> made.
> Makelibs.bat: "make" instances to "mingw32-make.exe" ones.

OK. Or, you could have renamed mingw32-make.exe to make.exe. It doesn't
matter either way.

> Also I moved the CVS stuff to E:\MyOV, but it's still not working.

Or you could have edited the references to e:\MYOV to the location of you
oggvorbis dir.

> I get the following output on my screen:
>
> Could Not Find E:\MyOV\ogg\libvorbis.a
> ****************************

This is simply because there was no existing libvorbis.a to delete.

> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `ld': No such file or directory

In the "MINGW\BIN" dir there should be an executable named "ld.exe". This
error message suggests that it coukld not be found/is not there. It should
have been installed with the mingw installation. If it's not there, you
could d/l the "binutils" installation package from mingw at SourceForge and
just overwrite any of the utils that may have been installed.

All the other errors are consequential.

Let me know if you still have problems.

John