[vorbis] .ogg file extension for both audio and video?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Mon Jul 14 08:49:50 PDT 2003

steve staggered into view and mumbled:
> The other thing I like is that ".Ogf ", when said aloud, is still "Ogg F"
> The only problem is that people could start saying O.G.F. files

One way to solve this problem would be to make the extensions something like .oggf, .oggt and .oggs,preserving both g's
in ogg so it would be pronounced as "ogg f", "ogg t" and "ogg s".  Then the only possible confusion would be with Speex,
which could get pronounced as "oggs".  This confusion could then be resolved by using a capital letter such as oggF,
oggT and oggS.
Just a thought.

Lorenzo Prince

--
We use Linux for all our mission-critical applications. Having the source code
means that we are not held hostage by anyone's support department.