[vorbis] Why the commotion about file extensions?

Tom Felker tcfelker at mtco.com
Mon Jul 14 20:29:12 PDT 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 9:41 pm, Sergey Meniailenko wrote:
> Do we have to mention ogg at all? Could we just go with:
>
> .vorbis
> .theora
> .speex

Actually, I kinda like that.  The only problem is what do we call OggFlac?
I'm not sure if it matters, though.  Is it important to be able to tell what
kind of flac file it is by it's extension?

--
Tom Felker

They made a crude but listenable crystal radio out of a light bulb, a
crayon, a square of toilet paper, and a rock. They say they'll have
Linux running on it by next week.